St Pauls Church

Church History

Our Church was built in 1855 and consecrated on 17 April of that year. The need for the Church was very strong as Fazeley was made a Parish in its own right and the population had grown significantly.

 

St Paul's was host to the wedding of Sir Robert Peel (fifth Baronet) to Beatrice Lillie, on January 5th 1920 * (click on thumbnail below to link to the Pathe News site to view the video)

   

Due to dry and wet rot, the Church underwent major surgery in the 1990s.  The pews and organ were removed, the floor completely replaced and comfortable plush seats installed. The organ was replaced some years later with the donation of a fine electric one.

   

St. Paul's Church Fazeley

st-paul-s-church-fazeley

Erected in memory of Colonel Gerard Chichester, Formally of the North Staffs Regiment, who died at Bonehill House on December 13th, 1906

 

Left window erected by the children of William Radford who was born on the 7th October, 1785, and died on the 3rd of June 1875.

 

Right window erected in memory of Hannah Letitia Radford ( born 7th November, 1836, died 17th Febuary 1867 ) and Selina Stretton ( born 24th August, 1832, died 29th September, 1875 ) by their brothers.

Erected in memory of Thomas Buxton who died on the 26th June, 1916.

 

All Stained Glass

Memorial Windows in the South Side

             of  St Paul's Church